Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Review: Yves Saint Laurent Lipsticks




So lately I have been getting more into wearing lipstick! I was at Sephora last month and as I was browsing through the YSL section, I was immediately drawn to the AMAZING lipstick cases as you can see in the picture. Aren't they gorgeous? Although I'm a little disappointed with the Rouge Pur Couture casing because I don't know if you can tell in the picture but it does get scratched easily :[

So from left to right:

1. Rouge Volupte Perle in #102 Coral Sun

2. Rouge Volupte in #7 Lingerie Pink

3. Rouge Pur Couture in #11 Rose Carnation

As much as I want to LOOOOVE these lipsticks, I can't really say that I fully love them. What I love other than the casing is the colors. They're absolutely beautiful and especially the coral and the baby pink. They are my absolute favorite! I've been looking for an everyday not too noticeable coral and pink lipstick and I must say YSL hit a home run with the colors. Oh and all three are SPF 15 which is always nice and smells/tastes delicious (I accidently tasted some T__T). The color is a bit more sheer on the lips than it appears on my hand. Now I'm not too crazy about how CREAMY the Rouge Volupte & Volupte Perle formula are. It's just a little too creamy for my liking and it says it's long lasting but I don't really find them to be super long lasting. I kept on having to reapply a few times. It does have a lot of shine in it so there's no need for lip-gloss. Another con is the price!! I bought these lipsticks at Sephora for about $30-35 (I didn't buy them all at once) and being a poor college student, spending $30 on a lipstick is a bit too much and especially if I'm not SUPER crazy about them. Overall, it's a good product and I have been wearing all three lipsticks quite a few times the past month. I would recommend it if you have some extra cash but I'm not too sure if I will purchase these again (maybe just for the case) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment