Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Review: My Favorite Foundations

From left to right:
1. Clinique superbalanced makeup in #34 Nude Beige
2. Make Up For Ever High Definition Foundation in #118 Flesh
3. Lancome Teint Miracle in Buff 5C

I'm going to start with the Clinique foundation which I have been using the longest..I want to say for about 3 years now? I just like Clinique in general because of their "light" feel. I hate feeling like I have too much makeup on and Clinique does a very nice job of having a light and fresh finish with their foundation. I feel like with Clinique it's a hit or miss for a lot of people because I know some people have really bad breakouts with Clinique but I've never had a problem with their stuff even back when I used to use their skincare in high school. Also it is the cheapest foundation I have. I believe it's $22 for 1 fl oz which is the same amount as the other two foundations even though the packaging looks a lot smaller. It is oil-free for those of you who might have oily skin. I'm a combination where I'm a little oily on my T-zone and a bit dry on my cheeks so this works perfectly for me and you do get a full coverage without feeling like you have a lot on. The only 2 things I don't like is that it has no SPF and it doesn't have a pump which is a little annoying at times when I'm in a hurry. Also there's not a lot of shades to choose from so you might have to mix foundations to get the perfect color. I'm super pale so it's not too hard to find a foundation that matches my skintone.

Next one is the MUFE HD foundation and I bought this after hearing so many great reviews and I figured if people are willing to pay $40 for a foundation then it must be good. So I went and splurged and I must say it is probably the best foundation I have ever used in my life! The color is dead on with my skintone and it's very blendable. I use about 1 full pump and get the perfect full coverage. It's not as heavy as I thought it was going to be. I've never used this brand before so I didn't really know what to expect but it's very light (not as light as Clinique) and it lasts ALL DAY!  It is a bit pricey but I honestly think it's worth it. I don't like to use drugstore foundations just because I haven't really found a good quality "cheap" foundation and I don't want my face to break out and I'm just super paranoid about that kind of stuff..but LOVE this foundation! I'm so happy with it and I highly recommend it..I really wish it had spf though!

Last but not least is the Lancome Teint Miracle which was $37 at Sephora. Again this is an oil-free foundation AND it has SPF 15 which is always a plus because unfortunately I NEVER used to wear sunscreen until recently because I have been getting dark spots on my cheeks and it seems to be getting worse so now I'm using sunscreen and Clinique's dark spot corrector which I will do a separate review on. Anyways, I cannot begin to tell you on how much I love Lancome's product. This foundation is super light and it almost has a light and sheer finish which feels like you have nothing on your face (always a plus)! It says on the box that it's a moderate coverage but I don't wear a lot of foundation to begin with so I get a full coverage with whatever foundation I use..I guess it really just depends on the person. But yeah..if you're looking for a light foundation, this would be a good one to buy.

Hope this review helped..if anybody even reads this -___- Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment