Monday, June 13, 2011

Review: MAC Lipsticks



From left to right: Myth, Viva Glam Gaga 2, Creme Cup, Speak Louder, Girl About Town, Chili, Ruby Woo

I'm going to start my review as usual from left to right just as it's shown in the pictures above. Myth used to be my absolute favorite nude lipstick. I used to wear it almost everyday with a little bit of pink sheer gloss over it but I'm not too crazy about it anymore. I've found better nudes and so now I'm finding Myth to be almost too pale and a bit too pink for it to be a good nude lipstick for me. I am now loving Lady Gaga's collection which is the next swatch of nude. It is absolutely perfect in every way..it's a little more brown undertone while Myth is more of a pink undertone. It is special edition but I think MAC is still selling Lady Gaga's collection (be sure to check it out). 

The next one is called Creme Cup and it's a very nice soft pink color. It is a creme sheen so the formula is nice and wet. The thing I love about MAC lipsticks is their different formulas and they truly do last ALL day. The next one which is also another creme sheen, I am not too crazy about. When I bought Speak Louder at the store I loved that bright bold pink color just because I have been really getting into pink lipsticks lately but then when I tried it on at home it didn't look that good on me. I was a little disappointed so I think I'll just give it to my mom or sister. It just made my lips look like they were swollen or something -___- Ok, so Girl About Town I am CRAZY about! It's an hot electric pink that you can wear when you go out or when you feel like maybe your makeup is a bit boring and too neutral, this lipstick is perfect for that pop of color. It's a very bright pink with a little bit of purple undertone but it's absolutely gorgeous.

I have been getting into the brown undertones as well which led me to buy Chili. It's a dark brick red and I wasn't too sure  how this would look on me but it's very wearable! It doesn't come off as dark as I thought it would. It gives you that nice cool sort of finish and a bit more edgy I want to say. The next red is Ruby Woo which is my favorite red lipstick of all times. It's a shade darker than Russian Red which I know is very popular. The only thing I don't like too much about matte lipsticks is that they dry out very quickly so that's kind of a bummer. Ruby Woo is I think right in the middle of cool and warm undertones so I think it's a red that's suitable for any skin color. I have a neutral undertone which means I can wear both cool and warm colors. MAC lipsticks are my favorite, hands down. It lasts all day and it's moisturizing and so nice on your lips and they only cost $14.50! Some people might be on the edge about paying that much for a lipstick but I really do think MAC has the better lipsticks among other brand names and drugstore lipsticks so go check it out and you'll see what I mean :]

No comments:

Post a Comment